I eat soooo much hummus. I know for a lower-carb diet, it’s not the best. So I found this recipe from Clean Eating and I love it. Low-carb hummus. yum. now I just have to avoid dipping BREAD in it!
- 3 raw zucchinis, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1 cup sesame or sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzle
- Fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except oil and parsley, into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth or to desired consistency. Drizzle with oil and garnish with parsley. Complement it with crudités, raw flax crackers or whole-grain pita bread. You can also spread it on sandwiches or mix it with salads.